Guatemala – IMPACT Program
The health of indigenous Mayan Guatemalans is among the worst in the global south, especially in the rural Western Highlands region, which is vulnerable to natural disasters and drought. Chronic malnutrition has resulted in Guatemala having the highest stunting rates in Latin America. Furthermore, the country places among the three worst Latin American countries for maternal and child mortality. Many of the deaths that take place every year can be prevented with basic health education and better access to health services.
The total cost of the program is $94,000 a year.
Your Gift Makes a Big Difference!
- Reduce preventable deaths of mothers and babies.
- Improve health services in economically disadvantaged communities.
- Educate and empower mothers to make sound health decisions.
- Give indigenous people better access to modern health services and techniques.
- Improve nutrition for mothers, babies, and children.
Search for other projects