Drop-In Centre for Street Children
Life for a street child is full of anguish and uncertainty. Many are separated from their families, others are abandoned. There are approximately 450,000 street children living in Dhaka, the nation’s capital. Root causes for children living on the streets include extreme poverty, the breakdown of the family, parental death or illness, and physical or sexual abuse. Street children are extremely vulnerable to all forms of exploitation and abuse.
The Drop-In Centre in Dhaka, will provide a safe and enriching environment where children can receive nutritious food, education, social and psychological support, recreational activities, healthcare services, bathing facilities, and legal aid. The project’s objective is to empower street children and help facilitate alternatives to street life.
The total cost of the project is $4,125/month ($49,000/year).
Your Gift Makes a Big Difference!
- Healthcare access to street children who are unable to pay for medical care, eliminating preventable and treatable illnesses and disease.
- Nutritious food which is vital for brain development and good health, enabling children to learn and grow as they should.
- Psychological support for those who struggle with alcohol or drug abuse, anxiety or depression, and connect them to the appropriate services available to them.
- Social support and recreational activities giving children the opportunity to play and interact with others in an informal and fun setting.
- Education so the children can learn to read, write, and do simple math providing the building blocks to integrate them into public schools and a more stable and secure future.
“We will continue to work out God’s call on our lives to care for the poor and most vulnerable in our communities. Thank you so much for your support of this ministry.”
McDonald Adhikary, Director
Search for other projects